Monday, November 23, 2009

*Warning! Overshare blog post! Is Frustration a Virtue?



If so, I have got this virtue nailed!

5 days overdue now.
Look, I know this isnt a big deal. I know she is going to come when she is darn good and ready. I know I'll make it. I know I need to be patient.
I KNOW. I KNOW!

But, this waiting thing is HARD!
And I am UN-COM-FOR-TA-BLE!

I thought it wasn't possible to get any bigger...but I was wrong. I now am the proud owner of a roll of neck pudge and a gobbler under my chin bigger than the Thanksgiving turkey! My excema has taken a turn for the worse so even if I wanted to take one of those great pregnancy photos where my huge momma belly is displayed prominently...it would just be covered in skritchy scratchies...and my boobs are cracked already...and I cant poop...and my back is KILLING me...and I have stretch marks on the insides of my thighs...and my hair looks like crap...and I can only wear my favorite velour track suit so much before even it loses its luster. le sigh.

And, I appreciate everyones kind comments and helpful suggestions. Really. I do! But sometimes, ya just gotta vent, ya know? Get it all out. Whine a little. Have a bitch-fest-pity-party.

I've had an induction massage, worked my pressure points, stimulated my nipples, had hilarious, uncomfortable sex with my trooper of a husband...AND...I even sent my mom back home to Seattle thinking surely that would do the trick! Even Castor oil is starting to appeal to me. But...let's face it, this kiddo is gonna be stubborn!
Now, there's a shocker.

I'm going in for acupuncture tomorrow and another non stress test and then the OBGYN on Wed.

For those of you who are following: Willie is posting "babywatch updates" on his facebook and twitter pages. They have been uneventful up to this point but are a great way to get the minute by minute updates.
Facebook page
Twitter tag: @wsmith74

yours sincerely...
Beth and a still in the shell "peanut"

2 comments:

  1. Oh Beth!! Complain away!!

    Spicy food yet? And go Willie - doing what it takes, no matter how awkward. That is so funny.

    The first baby I nannied... they had a dinner party 3 weeks before he was due, and I was the last one to leave, with a hand to the belly and a "Come out, come out, we want to meet you little man!" She was in labor 2 hours later. If only I weren't sick, I'd come lend my magical baby whispering powers!!

    Gook luck, and I like to think of the peanut not as stubborn, but as marching to the beat of her own drummer - this little girl who knows what's best for her own unique self! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah...You are bring back memories of Aaron's slow entrance into this world. Those long 27 days he decided that it was too safe and warm to join us. If only the peanuts wouldn't wrap their toes around your ribs to hang on.

    I know how miserable you are, and that there isn't any position that is comfortable for more than 10 minutes. Plus, everyone asking when is she coming, like you done something wrong.

    Peanut needs her time to grow, and when she come to you and Wille, she will be ready and healthy. You will only be able to laugh and cry. And that joy is what you will remember for the rest of your life.

    Love you! Sylvia

    ReplyDelete