Monday, September 7, 2009

Hospital Tours...yay!



So, Willie and I just completed our hospital tours this week and have decided on where we will deliver. We have chosen Sunnyside Kaiser's Birth Center in Clackamas.

Now it's not the closest hospital, (but not the furthest either) but it does have some nice amenities and lowest birth ratio of all the choices. 1-5 in a 24 hour period as compared to 15-30 in the other hospitals! Whew! That's allotta babies!

Sunnyside also has a newly remodeled labor and delivery wing and each room is spacious, has a bathtub & shower in the bathroom as well as a portable laboring tub they can bring into the room, they have a full staff of midwives and nurses whose ratio is not reduced in the evening (we found out from their Union rep) and nice big rooms overall. They allow the little one to stay with you the entire time (barring any issues) and seemed much more willing to work with mother and birthplan than the other hospitals.

So, there you go. Check that off the list!

1 comment:

  1. This comment actually has nothing to do with hospitals, just something I read. . . "Before I had my child, I thought that I understood the limits of my heart. It's extraordinary to have all those limits thrown out." Uma Thurman

    ReplyDelete