Monday, June 8, 2009

Beginning with a Backlog...figures.

Everyone I talk to that is a mommy tells me that I should keep a journal throughout my pregnancy to remember and pass on little tidbits to our "peanut" one day.

I've never been really great at keeping up with things like that but have a few girlfriends who have recently had babies who's journaling/blogging I have really enjoyed so I am going to give it a shot.

I figured I would start with a little backstory to get everyone up to speed.

Willie and I have been talking about this for about a year and a half now, At first, in a "we should start thinking about this kind of manner" but after last November, we really started to make plans to pave the way.

Now, mind you when we first talked to my Doctor, he was very kind and let us know that, after I went off my trusty old friend the pill, we should expect about 6 to 8 months of trying before we could expect anything. He took great pains to mention, that, should a year pass with no result, we could then start to talk about doing some testing.

We sat down and talked about timing, we did the math, we looked at our job schedules, our vacation plans, other commitments, our debt, our lack of savings, you know...all those things that you should have totally lined up before you jump right into the fun of baby making, right? And towards the beginning of the year, we decided that we would just take things slow; I would transition off my trusty friend the pill and we would not actively try, but just go about our married life and see what happened. After all, the Dr. told us we would have plenty of time to get all our ducks in a row.

So, I let my last pack of pills run out rather unceremoniously and we watched the Inauguration of Barack Obama with pride in our hearts and knew things would work out as they should. My periods came and went like clockwork just as they always had and even showed up on Valentine's day, since Murphy's law seems to always prohibit you enjoying any big occasion without the visitor.

I visited mom at the end of February and we had a lovely visit. Except for the part where I got out of the shower and she said to me..."if I didnt know any better, I'd say you were pregnant." I'm sorry...what? Did my own mother just call me fat?! Seriously?! Did that just happen?! I swear she said it...Anna was there to witness it. And I gave mom no end of grief about it for the rest of the weekend.

They say moms know...but before I did? Now that's just wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment