Sunday, August 16, 2009

6 pounds!

I just went in for another appointment last week and they did some measuring and some bloodwork. I also took that gawdawful diabetes screen. Blech! Ever had flat orange soda and been forced to drink it within 5 minutes.....ewwwwww!

My results came back this week looking pretty good. I still have that anti-M antibody floating around but they don't seem concerned so I'm not going to be. The diabetes screen also came back fine so that was reassuring.

What was not reassuring was the 6 pounds I had gained in just one month! My OBGYN said I was just fine but considering Ive gained 12 pounds overall this entire time, 6 in one month seems really extreme. It doesnt help that I am starting to feel as big as a house, my stomach is now residing somewhere right in-between my boobs, I have to get up to pee no less than 5 times a night and I get winded just walking up the stairs.

But its coupled with good stuff like: Being winded means that I can start slowing down and stop trying to be super woman, froglette finally started lots of hip-hip-hopping around and I can finally just let go and accept that I am not going to be able to see my hoo-hoo for a while so shaving down there just isnt that important. Our hospital birth tours and classes start very soon which makes it also feel just that much closer and I have been voraciously reading anything I can regarding child rearing and baby wrangling. PLUS, we finally decided what to do about the nursery furniture after 3 months of struggling with options and money freak outs. Now, I call that progress....
Here is my belly 07/04/09 vs 8/4/09





doesnt seem like 6 pounds huh!

1 comment:

  1. you are a darling pregnant lady, doing just right.

    ReplyDelete