Saturday, July 4, 2009

Short and Chunky: a new maternity store


You know that song by sir mix alot, "I like big butts, and I cannot lie." I used to love that song. But now that I am pregnant I would like them to add a line that says: " I like big butts and thighs and I cannot lie." Yeah, thats the song I would like to hear right now.

So, who are these pregnant women who are 6 feet tall, still a size 4 and can pay $240 for a pair of maternity jeans? I mean really...who are they? I have NEVER seen a pregnant woman shaped like that except in Hollywood...and I don't live in Hollywood. I live right along side the rest of the world where the real shaped people are.

If the guys can have Big and Tall...
The petites can have 0,1,3...
The teens can have Forever 21....

I'm opening my own boutique called Short and Chunky and I'm going to sell clothes for all of us out there under 5"3" with legs built for logging. It will be a fun shopping experience that you will look forward to and not a painful one.

And it will have an AMAZING maternity section.
Where the jeans will fit over your butt and thighs and not leave a gap at the back of the waistband that you could fit another belly in...and you won't have to hem a foot off the bottom to make them short enough and the fashionably faded parts won't be inappropriately placed after all of that altering! And the tops will be soft and actually hip. Not too cutesy or frumpy or just plain ugly...but fun and hip and fashionable. And dresses and skirts will be flowing end at the floor to hide pregnant cankles.
yea, my store will rule!

That being said, I did finally find a great little consignment shop called Milagros that was wonderful and I was able to find a few pairs of pants and tops all for under $7.00 each! And the woman was soooo personable and helpful and understanding! Its on NE 30th and Killingsworth and it was worth the drive.

Yup, I've officially graduated into maternity clothing.
Although Wille is still fascinated with the belly bands that allow you not to have to button your pants. I've told him he cannot have mine when I'm done with them. No. Absolutely not.

5 comments:

  1. You make a gorgeous mommy to be!
    -Court

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey everybody out there, I think Beth is prettier than she's ever been, don't you? Don't they call that "glowing"?
    As for the extra girth on butt and thighs, you're going to need that for...uhmm...Pushing! Yeah, that's it, there is a biological reason for weight gain there. No more negative self-talk around my little
    grand-niece! She's sensitive! love you lots, Auntie V.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are getting big! How excitin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen you in a while, you are getting so big! And yes, you are positively glowing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're beautiful.

    The bella bands never worked for me, since if my pants needed unbuttoning they needed unzipping as well and at that point I really just needed bigger pants. I also ended up cutting the too long pants with scissors.

    At any rate you look pregnant, which is loads better than just being short and chunky, which is where I'm back at now that the baby is out and that "extra girth" is simply sticking around to make sure I get extra wear out of those maternity clothes!

    ReplyDelete